cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable head broken

Williammk
Joining in

The pin of the cable head was broken accidentally. How can I fix it or should I contact the technician to fix it?

IMG-20230126-WA0002.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your equipment is rented, so any callout to fix this will be free. If you mess with it & get it wrong though, VM will charge you to put it right.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Noting all as above by @nodrogd but you could try to straighten the wire with needle nose pliers.  If it works, that's good, if not get a replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Williammk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to see that there's an issue with one of your cables. Have you been able to discuss this with the team since your post here, or do you need some further assistance?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have called the VM technician to help. VM technician came the next day and fixed it professionally. It's all free! Thank you for all the advice from the community.

Thanks for the update @Williammk, and I'm pleased to read that we were able to have this resolved in a timely manner for you!

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums if you require any further assistance.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn