cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable from street to house

nr6016
Tuning in

Hi I have checked virgin media website and I can get all their services. I have a question about the outside cabling from the cab to the house. See picture. My drive way is tarmac and my question is will virgin media bury the cable or will it be exposed. 

nr6016_1-1630155870017.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

good question - they can dig and bury it - what the tarmac will be like after they do that is anybodies guess - afaik they use cold fill if anything - if that was mine i would be taking things into my own hands - i would cut sideways from the tee point and either cut the tarmac along side the crazy paving or lift the crazy paving so the cable could be buried and then paving replaced - you can hope VM or the contractor could do that - they say they lift block paving and put it back - what the result is is not posted though

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @nr6016

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

They would bury the cable but as -tony- advised they would cold fill the tarmac, If you have any more question about installing the services we have an option to request a pre site survey, essentially this would be an engineer who would advise how best to do it. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Just had virgin media round. It was luck that I saw the van. They were going to leave the cable exposed when I requested for the cable to be buried when I spoke with the virgin media advisor and also asked them to contact me before coming. So not a good start, so far what I was told by the virgin media advisor has not happened. 

They said they don’t have the equipment to bury the cable and it’s a different team. This leads me to believe that the notes virgin media advisor put on my account regarding burying the cable has not been read or it’s not there as the wrong team turned up.

Anyway I am told someone from virgin media will be in contact with me. Let’s see what happens.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Outside team are usually contractors and probably have no access to your records. VM seem extremely bad in passing information over to contractors.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nr6016 wrote:

Hi I have checked virgin media website and I can get all their services. <snip>

That looks like a grey omnibox on the wall between the two bins?  Have you checked if the cable still looks in good order?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @nr6016

Are you able to let me know if we have been in further contact. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No there has been no further contact from VM

Sorry to hear that nr6016.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and take a closer look into this for you.

Please do find my message over at the purple envelope

Many thanks

Beth

Beth