cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable for installation

Ericshimano
Tuning in

Dear all,

I have try to install and try to plug-in the cable to the wall, but the socket is different than Hub 3, (Hub 3 not Cat6 plug-in switch and my wall socket is cat6)

what can I do now?

8 REPLIES 8

Ericshimano
Tuning in

012D74FE-F928-4CCC-82CB-CA7CCBE488B6.jpeg

93BD38E4-0531-4E5F-AB89-6F2AE25314C4.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The white cable is connected to an openreach box and not to the VM wall socket and so in nothing to do with VM.

Are you saying that your VM Co-ax cable will not fit in the Hub3 socket on the photo above? It looks an odd shade of light brown in the photo - is there something covering it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

That is existing socket which used by my house owner before, and he was used another ISP, that ISP socket is Cat6 style one, VM Hub3 is using Co-ax, so that cannot match

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up photos of your VM wall socket and the ends on the cable that wont connect to the Hub

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not use any equipment used by other ISPs, their network is totally separate. Other ISPs use RJ11 sockets, VM use threaded F type sockets that the cable nowadays just pushes onto.  Look for a box on the exterior of your property any try and trace where the cable goes from it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Ericshimano,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Have you been able to get this resolved or do you still need further assistance?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, VM arranged nice worker for fix it, and already at normal status, thanks all!

Morning Ericshimano,

Glad to hear you were able to get things resolved, thanks for letting us know.

Alex_Rm