cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable exposed

AdamR200
Tuning in

My fibre cable was installed in Oct 2022. The workmen who came and installed it nailed it along  the side of a wooden fence that sits on the boundry of my property. I did not realise this until they had left. 
This is not what I wanted, as the cable is exposed to the elements, is close to a lawn which recieves regular cutitng and is on a wooden fence that may either be blown down or, replaced at some time in the future. 
When our broadband was installed by a technician, he said he would pass on the information so that the workers would come back and remove the cable from the fence, before burying it for greater protection. This however, has not yet happened. 
How can I get Virgin to send some workers back to my property, in order to bury the cable in the ground, so it is safer than just being attached to a fence?

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well you could try phoning Customer Support, and speak to someone offshore who will not understand what you are talking about and will probably advise you to fix it by restarting your Hub.

Or you can wait for a staff member to pick up this thread and offer to take details and pass them on. This may or may not result in anything being done.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AdamR200,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear your cable when installed wasn't buried, I will be more than happy to try to help, I will send you and invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

@jpeg1 wrote:

Well you could try phoning Customer Support, and speak to someone offshore who will not understand what you are talking about and will probably advise you to fix it by restarting your Hub.

….snip

No, come on jpeg1, they are not that incompetent, they’ll jump on a chance to upsell and offer ‘pods’ (a complete con snip at only £8 extra per month), which will be absolutely guaranteed to bury the cables properly, and landscape the garden as well…!