cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable doesn't fit in wall socket

markslater87
Tuning in

I think I need an engineer to install a vm box as the cable doesn't fit in this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats an aerial socket for your roof aerial.
You are looking for a screw connector

It will look something like this (on right)

wp-1490032608036.jpg

If you have a brown box on the outside it normally comes though at that point or follow the wire outside to the entry point.

If you have no brown box you'll need a cable repull 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
can you post a photo of the connection you have and box. If you got a quickstart its had VM in the past

48787 (270×578).jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats an aerial socket for your roof aerial.
You are looking for a screw connector

It will look something like this (on right)

wp-1490032608036.jpg

If you have a brown box on the outside it normally comes though at that point or follow the wire outside to the entry point.

If you have no brown box you'll need a cable repull 

I also have these cables. I looked outside but cannot see a box.

rsz_screenshot_20200603_080131_comandroidgallery3d.jpgrsz_img_20200603_075726.jpg

not all installations have an externall box so the cable ends you have are possibly VM - there should be an internal box to house an isolator but that looks as though it might have been removed - the isolator protects the circuit and cnverts the female input to male to connect to the cable

you can try adding an F type barrel connector to allow you to connect the cable - screwfix - B & Q or similar sell them for about a £1 - if you do that make sure you use the cable supplied with the self install kit which has an isolator in it

if it works then you need to activate it and thats it

if it does not work or you are not happy to do that then book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi markslater87

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the install issues. I've checked our systems and can see we have a tech visit booked in to fix this. Let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

We have the same wall socket as this. Is there an adaptor you can buy or another fix or does an engineer have to come out? 

Thanks

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable
what socket. Best to start your own thread and post a picture of what you have