cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable digging

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi

Awaiting VM to be installed on 5th April but as this is new in the area I will require a CATV point in the pavement and cables laid in the garden to get the services.  Does anyone know how long  this team come berfore the VM team?  On the 7 March I received text asking for approval of the work which I did but heard no more.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cc1970,

Thank you for your post! We're looking forward to getting you set up.

Any construction works can usually take between 6-8 weeks, in some cases it can be longer. However if there are going to be any delays or anything you should know about, the Install & Construction Team will let you know.

As jpeg1 has suggested, it would be a good idea to extend your services with Sky if possible, especially if you are looking to port your landline number over to us. We need the landline service active with the other provider to ensure that the port would complete successfully

Hope this helps.

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depends on the amount of Civils that need done.   Approval from Councils can take sometime in most cases, and it's a third party that do the Civil work for VM.  It could take a week or several months.  You just have to hang on in there  ......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cc1970
On our wavelength

Thanks Adduxi

My only issue is like many - given notice to Sky so contracts up on the 11th.  If the services  are not installed then will have no BB and phone, not worried about the tv can live withouth that for a while but will also stand to lose my landline number as my line with sky will have ceased.

Fingers crossed

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you extend your current contract for a month or two? It's not safe to rely on the cable installation date - they frequently slip. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cc1970 wrote:

Thanks Adduxi

My only issue is like many - given notice to Sky so contracts up on the 11th.  If the services  are not installed then will have no BB and phone, not worried about the tv can live withouth that for a while but will also stand to lose my landline number as my line with sky will have ceased.

Fingers crossed

I hope you are not transferring your landline number. Giving notice of cancellation direct to your old provider will block any landline  number port request from going through. The correct OFCOM procedure for landline number porting is that the new provider handles the entire transfer INCLUDING closure of the old landline account. The only thing you should be cancelling yourself with Sky is the TV service.

As advised above, overlapping your services with your VM install is always recommended as construction issues can & do hold up proceedings.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cc1970,

Thank you for your post! We're looking forward to getting you set up.

Any construction works can usually take between 6-8 weeks, in some cases it can be longer. However if there are going to be any delays or anything you should know about, the Install & Construction Team will let you know.

As jpeg1 has suggested, it would be a good idea to extend your services with Sky if possible, especially if you are looking to port your landline number over to us. We need the landline service active with the other provider to ensure that the port would complete successfully

Hope this helps.

Beth