cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable cut during kerb dropping

Vicchijindu
Joining in

Hi, Bolton Council's contractor was carrying out work to drop the kerbs in front of my driveway when they accidentally cut a buried virgin cable which supplies internet to my property (and potentially other neighbouring properties). The council has reported this to virgin (ref 20/57334792) and has advised me to call virgin if it affected my internet. I have tried calling the 0345 454 1111 multiple times but it is all machine responses so there is no way of informing virgin about this issue. I have now booked an appointment for a virgin technician's visit for tomorrow but wanted to make sure the right technician with the right tools comes tomorrow as the issue is a cable cut. Can this be quickly looked into please? My wife and I work from home and rely heavily on the internet to literally do anything at all at home. I need an urgent help from virgin please. Thanks   

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Vicchijindu 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about this issue. 

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

tomorrow has been as you posted 2 days ago so assuming anyone came and thats always an IF - then one of 2 things will have happened - the tech will have done a repair 

or 

he will deem it beyond him and passed it back for a cable repull - if that happened you are in no mans land as it will be passed onto external contractors who may or may not be efficient 

to give you some idea - i had a similar cable problem and without going into the saga it took them 3 months to get their act together and get me connected - the only positive in that is i got 3 months compensation at £8 a day

if it all goes belly up there will be absolutely nothing you - staff here or the man in the moon will be able to do other than sit back and wait - phoning will be pointless as all you will get its lies and guesses

so again if it comes to that you need a fall back plan - a 5g sim from 3 will cost you £25 a month on a30 day contract - perfectly good enough if you are in a supported area

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi thanks for your comment. Fortunately for me an engineer came out same day to reconnect it. I guess that's a 5 star service but the only problem is communication was poor. I wasn't even informed that an engineer had fixed it. I just noticed that my internet was back on!

Hi Vicchijindu,

Thanks for coming back, I hope you've been enjoying your weekend. I'm sorry to hear you weren't notified when the issue had been resolved, although I'm pleased to hear it was fixed in a timely manner. We appreciate your feedback here.

If you do need any further help from here, just let us know.

Beth