cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable connection to wall socket

kevkwilson
Joining in

Had my kit sent to a home we’ve just moved into. 

The cable line runs into the house to the socket but the router cable make end is fractionally too wide.

Any ideas, do I need an updated socket?

8 REPLIES 8

kevkwilson
Joining in

* male end

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new cables supplied are now push fit, not screw in. If you still have problems, please post some photos. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

kevkwilson
Joining in

38565B74-C8F1-41E9-9E5C-9879DDE5CFE3.jpeg

kevkwilson
Joining in

2981605F-B7A2-44D5-A408-D93E63387F01.jpeg

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks to me that is a standard TV socket, it certainly is not a VM one. The black cable on the far side of the picture looks like a coax cable could be VM of satellite. If this is not a VM cable you will need a maned install, so call pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi kevkwilson, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the installation. Can you let us know how the engineer visit goes. - Chris 

All sorted.

The cable feed was the correct feed but just not connected and was in the wall void.

The engineer installed a new socket and linked everything up. Happy days

Thanks for the update @levkwilson, I'm glad to see that your issue has been resolved.

If you need any further help please let us know, we will be happy to help 🙂

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules