cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable conduit crammed and now falling off wall of 3 storey flats

RegentsCourt
Joining in

Many years ago under the guises of Teesside Cable our 24 flats were connected to the cable network.  Neat and orderly cable run through conduit on the outside walls.  All was well for many years.  More recently after new customer have been connected by Virgin there are many cable hanging and falling out of said conduit and the conduit itself is in risk of falling off the building.  We've tried to have the issue addressed, but no help was forthcoming.  We are now at the point of someone being injured or customers being disconnected.  Who do we need to speak to before that happens?

37 REPLIES 37

TTIAP
On our wavelength

20211231_091906.jpg
Similar problem here, we've had 5 engineers booked, none have shown up, i've tried to fix it myself but got stung, i'm at a loss for what to do now other than change services, what they do is, is leave the booked job on idle, so even after, it's not ticked off as "not complete" so you won't even get the compensation from the booking they themselves missed, it's real scumbaggery.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RegentsCourt, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear about your situation. 

We can certainly get someone out to look at this however we would need to have some pictures so we know what kind of team we need to send. Can you let me know if you have an active account with us and also post some pictures or the cables? We can then proceed from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi TTIAP, 

I'm sorry to hear that your omni box needs repairing. We can certainly get someone out to resolve this. From your picture, it's not clear if the box is high up or low down. Can you confirm which it is? 

In terms of compensation, you would only get this is you have a total loss of service for over 48 hours. There would be no compensation payable for an omni box is disrepair. 

In order to look in to this more, I'll need to confirm some details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

A few examples of the cabling and loose trunking:

IMG_20220321_165719.jpgIMG_20220321_164506.jpg

IMG_20220321_164041.jpg

I am contacting you as a director of the company which owns the site.  I do not personally have a Virgin Media account.  My concern is that this is now very unsightly, but more importantly there are exposed cable ends and loose trunking, some at second floor level, so it would seem to be an issue of maintaining service and health and safety.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing the photos @RegentsCourt

I will be more than happy to help. Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming those details via PM @RegentsCourt

I have passed this on to the Field Team and as soon as I get an update will follow up with you 🙂

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @RegentsCourt,

Just following up with an update 🙂

The Area Field Manager has asked us to pass on his apologies and he he is disappointed to see the cables been left in this state. This does not represent the quality of workmanship we strive towards. The AFM is having this investigated straight away and aims to put this right at the nearest opportunity and will be in touch with me with further updates which I'll keep you posted on.

Have a fab weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you for your response.  The AFM has been in touch to express the above sentiments.  I'd be most grateful if you could let me know if someone is coming to site in advance so I can arrange for someone be there to meet them.

Hi RegentsCourt,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear the Area Field Manager has been in touch, they will call you directly to arrange this as they already have your contact details.

Regards

Paul.