cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable break - how to report?

dshortho
On our wavelength

Hi We have a clear cable break done by workmen. How do I escalate and get a fix crew out? 

22 REPLIES 22

Thx john - will try the text route

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

staff replied earlier in the thread so - yes - they do monitor the forum - but not 24/7 so it takes a while for them to respond - as said if you want faster response then text or phone - on a point of cost - have just seen another thread where the phone or text response was a charge of £99 - thats wrong it should be free - so if they try to charge you have non of it - if they insist then thats up to you - accept it or come back here for staff to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

dshortho
On our wavelength

Thx Tony

i guessed a staff had replied, and I sent photos, but nothing has come of that?? So Im starting to doubt the reliability of staff monitoring.

thx for the tip on the fees 

Hi

@dshortho wrote:

So no virgin staff monitor these community threads  - that’s disappointing. Why did someone ask for pictures of the break ?

is there a Uk virgin fault lines number where you can speak to a human being ? 

Hi I didn't say they don't monitor the forum they do but in their own time sometimes 3 or 4 days, I said its not immediately 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dshortho

Staff do monitor these forums, but it is not an instant messaging service so please do not expect an immediate response.

I have taken a look at your account and can see that you currently have a technician visit scheduled for today, please do keep us posted on how this goes and keep us updated on your broken cable.

Many thanks,

Serena

dshortho
On our wavelength

Yes I booked an engineer as soon as I had the break. BUT the system didn’t ask what the problem was. So I expect the engineer to say , oh you’ve got a break, let me book in a break team ie loss of 3 days.

I came on this forum for ideas how to escalate a break. One lady asked for pictures. But no follow up. So my take away is the best you can do is register an issue and wait….

I’ll see what the engineer says, and will update 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dshortho

Thanks for the details, just so you know - the forum isn't a instant messaging service and you may not receive an immediate response from our team.

Once we have seen pictures of damage to a cable, the next step is to book and engineer. As you already have an engineer appointment booked, we will have to wait and see how that appointment goes first.

Please do keep us updated on how things go, have you registered your loss of service at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation?

Kind regards,

Serena

dshortho
On our wavelength

Hi not sure why I should upload photos here and wait for an engineer? The engineer will take photos . 

my point is the “book an engineer” option does not allow me to give any information eg there is a broken underground cable. It will send out an engineer who has no tools to repair a break - it’s is glass fibre! Asking me to load up photos to this forum doesn’t help me either , unless someone calls out a cable repair team , which didn’t happen. 

As before, the local virgin engineers when you get them are great. But there is a really dumb burocracy in the middle that stops us communicating - they find it infuriating too. The local virgin engineer took photos and called in a favour. He got a fibre optic repair crew to add me in to the days work. So happy again this end.  

So they can book the right team...

Or you can wait for the engineer to turn up, scratch their head, say "dang - we need a different team!", take photos, send to VM, VM book another engineer, you wait.... etc...

Or you could bypass all but the last step there by supplying phots..

Your call!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Um I did post photos on this forum but nothing happened as follow up. And then the advice came that i should wait for the engineer to come , so I didn’t see the point. Maybe if the engineer did not come , a virgin staff member monitoring this forum would book a crew … will bear in mind

thx for all the assistance