cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable break - how to report?

dshortho
On our wavelength

Hi We have a clear cable break done by workmen. How do I escalate and get a fix crew out? 

22 REPLIES 22

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dshortho,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your damaged cable looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Can you give me more information on what happened please? Where these workmen from our own business? 

Also, do you have a picture of the damaged cable so I can forward it onto the team?

Thanks!

Megan_L

dshortho
On our wavelength

Hi Megan_L

the workmen were putting in a fence on our land, but we didn’t expect a cable to be there, or so near the surface. It’s a complete cut of the cable, pictures attached

advice appreciated 

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

Crikey!! - No trunking?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

No and sometimes you see the wires breaking the surface by the side of the road . Trunking does not appear to be a requirement for countryside installations. My big question is how to get a repair team out as quickly as possible ?

VM Staff will pick it up and book someone!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hopefully today? 

Hi unfortunately this is not a direct link to a virgin person, it may take 3 or 4 days, best to use a phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

So no virgin staff monitor these community threads  - that’s disappointing. Why did someone ask for pictures of the break ?

is there a Uk virgin fault lines number where you can speak to a human being ? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You have to persevere on the number given above. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a day or two for them to get here.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.