cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable already plugged into VM wall socket

Luisa3
Tuning in

Just moved house and received our QuickStart kit. The previous owner had Virgin Media too - there is a cable already plugged into the VM socket on the wall which says CABELCON 3.9. This runs into what looks like an adapter, which then has 2 other cables coming from it. Should I unplug the cable from the wall and plug in the isolator cable that came with my kit, or plug the cable that was already here into my Hub? If I do unplug the existing cable though, how will we get Freeview?WhatsApp Image 2022-10-22 at 18.17.54.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-10-22 at 18.17.54 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-10-22 at 18.17.54 (1).jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For neatness it would be better plugging in the existing cable in.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried unplugging it but I can't remove it. Think I'm going to need an engineer to come and sort this. How can I arrange this please?

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't understand, you should be screwing in the black wire thats already there, can you explain what you can't do?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s an old connection which is screw, new one just push on over the threads.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

So sorry, I read your post as 'unplug the existing cable'. Will try plugging in the existing cable.

Hey Luisa3, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some issues setting up your kit.

How did you get on with the last step, do you still need some assistance? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?