cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Repull - 4 Month Delay

JGardiner1991
Tuning in

Hi, 

Hoping somebody from Virgin can advise here. I've had Virgin in my flat in London since around April this year. Around two months ago our internet and TV service went down, we called a technician to fix the issue and he confirmed that the cable into my flat has deteriorated and is no longer sending a signal. Since then I have had three technicians come as they seem to have constantly booked another technician instead of the repull team. 

Finally I received confirmation that I had a repull scheduled for today (December 18th 2021). Nobody showed up and after checking online I can see that I have an appointment now (doesn't specify a repull) on February 8th 2022. That means I will have been 4 months without a service that I am still paying for. 

I don't really know what to do at this stage because nothing seems to work so I'm hoping that somebody here can help. 

10 REPLIES 10

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

My advice would be to get another tech visit, the tech that attends is who books the repull not call centre staff. They should book it while there at your house and give you the date and time right away, I would also ask them to send a mail to there manager about your issues and put you in the Cc’s so you have a point of contact

hope you get it sorted soon

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

The issue is I have already had 3 tech visits. They come in and confirm that I need a new cable and then I end up getting another tech instead of the repull team. 

The last tech that we had actually did book the repull team in and that's what this February (previously December 18th) appointment is for. I would hate to mess with this appointment by getting another tech in and starting the whole process over again if that makes sense? 

JGardiner1991
Tuning in

Is anybody from Virgin available to assist with this?

Even just confirmation of the current status would be a useful start. 

Hi JGardiner1991, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with getting things sorted. 

To allow us to look in to this further, we will need to confirm some details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for responding Kath, I have reached out via private message now. 

Hi JGardiner1991, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Checking the account I can see that it looks as though the work is more complicated than we originally first thought. I can see the correct appointment was scheduled this time however work needs to be done in the cabinet as well as along route to your address. 

Due to this we need specific permits and permissions from the local council. These have been applied for and the process is already being followed. As it stands, we won't be able to move the date forward but we do hope to have no further delays. 

I wish there was more positive information I could give you on this occasion but I'm afraid there isn't anything more we can do. Please keep us updated on how things go and if you want any more updates, pop back to us in the Community so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath, this was the most information I've received so far and it's just nice to get some visibility on what's actually happening. 

Let's hope there are no more delays but I will get back to you if there are any issues. 

Cheers!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Top tip.... as this requires permits from the council, then your local council should post the details on their web pages - so they can inform your neighbours of what's going on and whether there might be any impact on them (digging the pavement, road, etc). So keep checking on there for the dates that the permit is granted for

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Kath_F, 

Please can you provide another update? The appointment was scheduled for today but again nobody has shown up. I called the team and they basically implied it would be rescheduled again because no engineer had been assigned. 

I will have to cancel soon because this is getting a bit ridiculous. 

Thanks,