cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Re-Pull Timeline

rockalt
Tuning in

Hi - hoping someone from Virgin can advise on the time/steps for a cable re-pull. I have seen varying comments on this forum and from Virgin.

Just to summarise my situation:

1. Signed up in early Feb and was advised on early March installation as 2 engineers needed set up (one to connect externally, the other internal)

2. External engineer came by 1 week ago and marked front of property with 'T' but there is CATV box in back of house. Unclear if he/she checked (as I never saw them, just saw the spray paint after)

3. I called Virgin to ask but they advised to wait for my installation date and ask the engineer

4. Internal engineer arrived on my installation date (2 days ago) and advised that the first engineer must have screwed up. He checked the CATV box and confirmed we'll need a re-pull and that he would need to report to his manager. Said it could be done in a few days or longer

5. Called Virgin next day and they advised I need to wait for external team to contact me on date of re-pull. Advised it would take 1-2 weeks but that they have no more information. They would then need this to be confirmed before they could re-book the internal engineer.

I've read separately that it can take much longer and am concerned as my existing internet will be cut-off a few days which really puts us in a bind given for work given the current circumstances.

Appreciate if anyone has info on what to expect now as I need to arrange for something to cover the gap where I'll have no internet.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
the cable can have unexpected delays due to possible problems found.

You should keep your current provider active until you have and are happy with the VM service.

Thanks. Unfortunately I have already served my 30 day termination notice to my current provider. I have just a few days left in my contract and no clarity from Virgin on timelines and as you rightly point out there could be issues even once they come to complete the re-pull. Overall a pretty frustrating start to the contract. I will attempt to extend with current provider to cover the gap.

Good Afternoon rockalt,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that we've been struggling with the pre-pull - can you please advise me if there's been any activity at the property over the last few days?

I can see that the install is due to take place later this month, do please come back to us and I'll seek to E-Mail the area field managers if we've failed to make any progress since your post

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good Afternoon Ben,

Thanks for following up. I have spoken to Virgin who re-booked the installation date however this is the appointment for the engineer who will connect the services internally. My understanding is this will trigger a request for the cable re-pull but I still have a few questions I'd like support with:

1. Will the Kelly's group call to confirm when they are visiting the property for the cable re-pull? (It's not clear when they are visiting the property)

2. Will they be initiating the re-pull from the existing CATV cover - there is an existing tunnel but no cable at the back of my property? The engineer had marked the front of my property with a green 'T' and I don't want them to dig up my property unnecessarily (seems it would be easier to use the existing tunnel but unclear what's next)

Thanks very much for your help,

Jayme

HI rockalt,

Thanks for your response

I've dropped an E-Mail to the area field manager to see if we can get some solid answers to your questions.

Pre-pull's don't usually prompt a phone call, but i have asked for us to seek to contact you either via phone call or by knocking on your door on the day

I'll pop back to the thread when I get a response

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

They won't do any digging unnecessarily, so the marking suggests that the existing duct is blocked or otherwise unusable.

I'd suggest that you set up a 4G data contract to fill in any breaks in the broadband,

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks to all of you for the advice and help. Yes I've arranged to extend my current ISP to cover the gap.

I'll stay tuned for any updates from the pre-pull team.