Menu
daz_the_blue
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable Protection

Hi guys. Don't know if this post is in the right place - apologies if not!

I'm a new Virgin Media customer, and everyone else in the street has the cable coming from the road to their house protected in some form of (green) plastic hose/trunking. My cable isn't protected at all - they've simply dug a shallow channel in the grass, pushed it in, and the cable runs across the front garden as per the attached pic.

I don't think this is right - someone is bound to cut through the cable at some point when doing the garden. I must've phoned Virgin 4 times, and the people in the call centre can't seem to understand the issue. They send out an engineer, who does nothing, and I'm back to square one.

Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Many thanks.IMG_0923.jpgexposed cable

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable Protection

Hello daz_the_blue, 

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm sorry to see part of the cable running to your property is exposed and we would like to make sure this gets sorted out for you right away. 

I have sent you a private message so I can then access your account to book the correct engineer job. 

You can access you private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located on the top right hand side side of your screen. 

Regards,

Dean C 

zvonok
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WHY? does this abysmal level of service continue??

WHY? aren't these installers doing their job correctly?

WHY? are you still employing them?

... ZvnK ...

jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Because it's cheaper that way, and many people seem to accept it - judging by the many similar installations I have seen. 

0 Kudos
daz_the_blue
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dean, have replied to your private message.

What's especially frustrating is that each time Virgin have sent an engineer, I'm told they'll phone or knock on the door to speak to me and they never do. I see them on my security camera when I check the footage later... they spend 5 minutes pushing soil back over the cable, and don't do anything to actually protect the cable - which is what was specified on the job ticket, according to the person in the call centre.

The call centre have even told me I'll be called by an area manager, or some such person with responsibility for that team, and I never receive a call to discuss.

Very, very frustrating.

0 Kudos
daz_the_blue
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dean - engineer you arranged did a proper job. Finally, the cable is encased in a plastic green pipe to protect it from getting damaged.

Thanks!

0 Kudos