Menu
wyclef77
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cable New address

Hi there, 

As I am moving to a new house in 2 weeks time I was wondering if there is a timeline or roughly how much it would take for Virgin to install the cables to my property. There is Virgin availability to the houses next to mine but probably because mine is built in the last couple of years there is no cable yet. 

Could someone contact me with a roughy timeline so I can decide which provider to go to depending on timings.

Thanks and Regards, 

Kostas 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable New address

Have you checked the "postcode checker" - what does that report?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
wyclef77
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Specific address is not on there.

Already talked to cs but I need to know from a team who is dealing with cabling if this is going to happen in the next months for example or in the next 5 years. Customer service can't give me an exact answer. That's why I am looking to find out if there is a relevant team that could help. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a pavement Tee opposite your new house or between your new house and that of your neighbour's?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
wyclef77
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for coming back. 

Do you mind explaining what a pavement Tee is? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Different-Pavement-Tee-s/td-p/3554186

Mine is a small triangular cover, its on pavement right up against my front wall.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
wyclef77
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good question. I am going to have a look as I have not moved yet - but for urguemwnt sake let's say there is one near the houses next to me and not directly in front of my house. 

Does this mean a quicker turnaround of services instead of waiting for the cable to be installed from scratch? 

Thanks once again! 

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well here we all have one each, we are semis and there are two one either side of dividing fence of front gardens.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos