cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Move

Mearns7
Tuning in

Hi,

We have been doing some renovations to the house and need to move the broadband cable from the room it is currently in to the room next door. How do I go about arranging an engineer to do this for us? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mearns7 wrote:

Thanks Tudor, I already tried to call Customer Services but couldn't get past the automated system. 

If we can remember our account password I'll try phoning again, otherwise I'll wait until someone picks it up here.

@VirginMedia - It might be a good idea to have an engineer request form in your customer account area. I can view and reschedule appointments but there is no facility for me to book an appointment in the first place!!

Hi @Mearns7 

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the account (memorable word) password by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There will be a fee of £25. 

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor, I already tried to call Customer Services but couldn't get past the automated system. Also I have already noticed a number of threads about people with the same problem so kind of knew there would be a fee and that's ok. If we can remember our account password I'll try phoning again, otherwise I'll wait until someone picks it up here.

@VirginMedia - It might be a good idea to have an engineer request form in your customer account area. I can view and reschedule appointments but there is no facility for me to book an appointment in the first place!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mearns7 wrote:

Thanks Tudor, I already tried to call Customer Services but couldn't get past the automated system. 

If we can remember our account password I'll try phoning again, otherwise I'll wait until someone picks it up here.

Hi @Mearns7 

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the account (memorable word) password by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Mearns7, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Yet again, your fellow community members have been fantastic with their advice.  I would love to help you set up the moving of your hub.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Yes I agree the Forum members have been extremely helpful and once I realised we could reset the Telephone Password on our account, I managed to get an appointment with an engineer booked for Friday 24th Feb which was a 1 week wait which is great. I've already responded to your private message.

Thanks to the Forum community for all their help and I'm looking forward to getting our Hub moved this week!

Hi Mearns7,

Thanks so much for the update, we're pleased to hear we've been able to help you out.

Let us know how the visit goes on Friday 🙂

Beth

Hi Beth,

The cable move happened as booked and all went smoothly, the engineer even extended the hub cable for me so I could change its position in my office. Fantastic job all round! Thanks

Alex

Hi Mearns7, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating your thread. 

We're really pleased to hear that everything went smoothly for you. 

If you do have any issues going forward - you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs