Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Installation Frustration!!

simonpayne
On our wavelength

Cable installation nightmare

Ordered service 2 months ago

I have a blocked paved drive which needs a short length of blocks lifting as there is no alternate route to get from the path to my hedge.

Installation subcontactors have been out 3 times and each time they have said yes they can do it, but need to book a longer slot rather than standard installation.  Blocks might not go down perfectly, but as I have told them I have a builder who can relay them after they have done so no major issue, so please get on with it.

Last visit was 3 weeks ago and now nothing.

I keep getting technician final connection visit dates being scheduled which I then have to cancel as there is no physical cable in the ground on my property.  Endless “we need to chat about installation” texts which seem to get me nowhere.

Now a voicemail, I rang back, the installation has been cancelled??

I have subsequently rung a number for installations that was given to me – his “system was down and he will ring me back in 5 mins” – he hasn’t.

I don’t know what on earth is going on – there seems to be a massive disconnect between the customer support and the people doing the work on the ground, and us left in limbo.

The early stages of this process were very encouraging/helpful as I thought they might refuse touching the drive completely, however it has become a bit like trying to nail jelly to the wall.  No one seems to follow up and what they said they would do.

Is anyone able to help with this – I just need to get the cabling contractor to come and do what they said they would do and I feel I’m getting fobbed off. Because it is a “non standard” installation this seems to be some sort of major issue despite being told otherwise.

15 REPLIES 15

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @simonpayne

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for any install delay. I'll send you a PM now to raise this as a install complaint and pass to the relevant team. They'll then contact you within 7 working days.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Nothing received?

S

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @simonpayne

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, a case has been created and it's been sent to the installs team. They will as advised, contact you within 7 working days.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Had a call from someone the other evening saying they were looking into my compliant, so we will see if anything happens or changes.

Ive also had 2 calls from 0161 802 xxx with no one on the other end of the line (silence)

Then briefly followed by the usual "Hi its Virgin Media we need to talk to you about your technician visit..." so nothing has changed there - there is no cable in the ground but still trying to send someone out to do the final bit of the installation!

[MOD EDIT: Number edited ]

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to come back to us. 

Have you had any further updates since your last post? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

simonpayne
On our wavelength

Hi Zak

Nothing in the way of being any the wiser when the cable might go in the ground

I've had 2 calls and when I answered there was silence

I think I might have had another call from a 0345 number, which I missed, but no voicemail was left.

simonpayne
On our wavelength

Ive just logged onto my vm account and it says

"your not with virgin media anymore"

What on earth is happening, it looks like the whole thing has been cancelled?!!

This is beyond a joke.

It seems no one is bothered, are they?  Total waste of time. 

P*ss up and brewery spring to mind...

And I think that's that folks!!

Not heard from cable installers for weeks

Complaint raised, spoke to a lady a week ago who said she would look into it - nothings happened

And now, my virgin media account is been closed - with no explanation/phone call or email.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to what I think about the way I have been treated.

Guess I will be waiting for BT/City Fibre to get around to doing my road. VM obviously not bothered about taking my money.

I will update the other posts I have made on this installation so people can see how it all ended up.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @simonpayne,

Thank you for coming back to us and for keeping us updated on your install experience. I'm sorry that you've not had any further updates on this issue recently.

As advised by my colleague, the case for this issue is still raised an open. The dedicated team will be looking into this for you and will get in touch to discuss this further as soon as they can.

Apologies for the delay and for your negative experience.

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs