cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONNECTME to 80011, no call back

Victoriafy
Joining in

Hi, I just moved into a new home and found a router of virgin media already here. There is an instruction said I can text to 80011 and then someone will call back for setting up the internet. I've tried 4 times but so far no one call me. I'm really confused about how to set up and get connect. Is there anyone can help me solve this issue? Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Victoriafy wrote:

Hi, I just moved into a new home and found a router of virgin media already here. There is an instruction said I can text to 80011 and then someone will call back for setting up the internet. I've tried 4 times but so far no one call me. I'm really confused about how to set up and get connect. Is there anyone can help me solve this issue? Many thanks!

If you search 80011 on this forum you will find plenty of people who have had the same problem. The fact you have tried the text instruction, and it didn't work, will give you a clue of what it is like dealing with VM. The last similar topic below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Activate-new-hub-in-apartment/m-p/5192511

advised calling the sales number to get your account set up and then see if you can get them to activate the hub left in your flat or not.

Unfortunately, you might well find that, when you call, the people you are talking to have no idea about the 'hub-left-in-flat' process either!

Client62
Legend

As a new customer we placed an order for a service on the Virgin Media website, that way you get to key in all the details and check they are correct.

Had BT Openreach offered FTTC or FTTP here we would not have chosen VM due to VM's nightmare attitude to Customer Service.

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Victoriafy 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more