cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATV cover outside house does not fit. It has come dislodged leaving a dangerous hole

Joining in

The CATV cover is in part of the grasscrete area which is used for parking. Several times my front wheels have almost gone down the hole. It is dangerous. I contacted the council at least 3 months ago but have heard nothing

8 REPLIES 8

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The CATV covers are on pavements, so they should not be parked upon. Can you post some photos showing both the cover and the surrounding area.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Councils will not allow vehicle access onto areas that have utility access until this has been approved by the utility. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Cant seem to upload pictures. The area was grassed up until about 3 years ago when the council converted it to a hard standing so that cars could mpark on it. The surface if a sort of concrete honeycombe that allows grass to grow through it.  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If that's an official parking space then the council should have consulted with the utilities to ensure that any access covers were suitable to carry vehicle loadings. Perhaps they did - Virginmedia is not known for efficient response to enquiries.

It may be more useful to report this to the council as being a H&S risk on their property.

Try reducing the size of the photos. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

thanks for the reply. I will have to try and get the council moving. Not hopeful as they didn't respond to several e mails sent months ago

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I have found that getting your local councillor to give them a push can help. 

- jpeg1

HI 25108, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that this has happened, can you confirm the error message you get when trying to upload the picture? Have you heard back from the council since posting? ^Chris

thanks everyone - sorted now