cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATV cover information fro dropped kerb

Simon_How
Tuning in

hi

what department can i call or speak to about information regarding CATV and dropped kerbs, does this need moving / adjusting or can a car drive over it ?

the only number i can find is a 0800 number to some department that just rings and rings then tells you the mobile number you are trying to call is not in service !!

water and gas dealt with in one day been calling Virgin for over a week now and never gets answered 

CATV .jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post Simon_How, 

Can you please advise me if you've been able to speak to our team in relation to this?

We can seek to arrange a survey for you, but as previously advised, this may incur an initial charge

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The contact info which used to appear for this has been getting gradually removed from past topics on the forum. There have been quite a lot of enquiries about this sort of project in recent months on the forums. One can only assume VM are seeking to avoid any involvement in this kind of work and are making it difficult to make enquiries. Suspect you have been using the correct 0800 number but it is not being managed reliably.

Default procedure seems to be, you pay VM a survey fee of £240 and they then produce a quote for the work. The only past example I can recall with costs mentioned is here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-manhole-cover-in-new-drop-kerb/t...

It may not offer you too much encouragement if it is a typical example.

One of the VM forum team should respond here in a day or two and should be able to advise on the correct/current procedures and costs, most probably via PM.

thanks for that information just seems so hard for something so simple, especially when the standards for that CATV cover say they are all good for driveways and can hadle cars driving over them 

@Simon_How wrote:

thanks for that information just seems so hard for something so simple, especially when the standards for that CATV cover say they are all good for driveways and can hadle cars driving over them 

You are correct. What did the water and gas do - did they just confirm the covers could take the load?

Thanks for your post Simon_How, 

Can you please advise me if you've been able to speak to our team in relation to this?

We can seek to arrange a survey for you, but as previously advised, this may incur an initial charge

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David

Have not managed to make any contact at all through any phone numbers 

Yes both gave written confirmation that were suitable covers

This Catv cover had European and British standards stamped on to it too both state suitable for car parks, driveways and standard weight family cars unbelievable that Virgin cannot just do the same 

Hi Simon_How,

I've sent you a private message to confirm your details and pass it on to the Network Assets team.

Cheers,

Corey C

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Simon_How wrote:

This Catv cover had European and British standards stamped on to it too both state suitable for car parks, driveways and standard weight family cars unbelievable that Virgin cannot just do the same 

Virgin Media is an amalgamation of over 20 cable TV companies that all built their own networks using different standards & equipment. Customer service staff will not know the build details of the original company that put that equipment in, so it has to be put through to the local field managers to confirm what is actually fitted in that area.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes understand that just impossible to contact plus all other suppliers survey for free as in gas and electric both came survey and one made a change