CATV Box

Bigryan85
Tuning in

05423D1B-CD77-43C7-B09D-3D4632C2E080.jpeg

DC67811C-7505-421E-8E4C-B79BA3E1FC90.jpeg

896D08AF-0C58-4D95-BD45-77B0748A9E6C.jpeg

305E8DEF-4149-4920-9F7E-BEE77BEBCE1E.jpeg

71A7C5EA-67AF-4A20-80D0-C2B9C2CC50C8.jpeg

I have been on here before with no help at all I’m looking for information on how I get a tv cable removed from my attic as I only have and want internet. There is no facility to email virgin media team. I also have this main box in my back garden and would like to see it relocated.  I would like to see the written permission for the installation of this box the house was owned by my dad and previous was my grandfather. It was installed when my grandfather was here but he has been dead for 20 years so it could have been telewest that he gave permission regarding it. I’m a customer but inherited this mess when I bought the house and my dad never gave the tenants permission to get install from virgin. It’s not in title deeds etc regarding the main cable box. Regardless I’m looking for the mess to be tidied up as the fence is to come down and back garden re landscaped. VM team please DM so we can get this sorted ASAP. 

24 REPLIES 24

@Bigryan85 now on your other thread about this issue, which I have replied to, you mentioned that VM were coming down on 26th (yesterday) to sort this out. So did the visit actually happen?

If not, you have a choice, either cut all of the cables and dump them or leave them through unwillingness to cut other people off (which I fully understand). But if the latter, then I promise you that VM (or indeed any other monolithic company) will simply do nothing and leave it as your problem - sometimes the ‘nuclear option’ is the only thing that will produce any results!

Hi jem101 if you go back to page 2 you will see that it has all been tidied up. Thanks 

Can a virgin media forum admin pm regarding the access rights for the box for future maintenance as I’m looking to get an arrangement in place.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bigryan85

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Great to hear this has now been tidied up. Has the cable box not been moved from your property now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bigryan85

I shall send you a private message now to discuss access rights for the box for future maintenance. Please look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena