cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a freehold flat - steps to get Virgin installed into building?

JessieWFW
Tuning in

I'm in the process of purchasing a freehold flat, one of around 6 freeholders for 30+ dwellings in the building. Currently, Virgin broadband is unavailable in the building itself, but both addresses on either side have access to the full Virgin media Gig1 (as well as other houses/buildings on the same street) so I doubt there would be an issue getting it installed into our building too.

What steps would I need to take to make this happen? Would Virgin need permission from every resident, just the freeholders or the building management company? My job requires that I work with a lot of tech, and the current broadband in the building is a definite step down from the speeds I currently have access to.

I'd ideally like to get the ball rolling as early as I can in case this takes a long period of time to get sorted, but I'm unsure what I actually need to do.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have a look at some of the guidance here in the 'Property managers, private landlords and local housing associations' section

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/network-expansion
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Thank you for you post, this would depend on the type of building and layout on the street. I will send you a private message to get some more details from you and see what I can do for you.

Thanks Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more