cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building has Virgin but my flat does not??

09loopy0
On our wavelength

I moved into a flat a few months ago and did a quick check to see if I could get Virgin, for some reason my flat and everyone else's does not show in the Virgin address search, it actually shows two flats that do not exist ( We have flat 0, 1, 2 and basement, Virgin address search shows Flats 3, 4 and A but these not exist, no actual flat that exists shows in the list).

I have selected the "my address does not show" and filled it in 5 times over the last few months, the first time a technician called to said he will check that day if my address has access, he never called back. After that, it has been silent, no one answers my requests.

The Ofcom broadband checker states I can get 1000Mbps download and correctly shows my flat. Virgin must be pulling flat information from the wrong place.

Can a technician please check if I can get Virgin?

5 REPLIES 5

09loopy0
On our wavelength
I should add, Virgin address search does have my building but no flats in it, it shows my building has it.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

I can take a look into this for you. I will send over a private message to take some details. 

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

binkyhuckaback
Tuning in

Virgin are a nightmare.

I had a similar issue and while your building might be suitable for 1000Mbps, there's no guarantee the engineer will be able to install it on the day. An engineer came out to my flat only to tell me that I could get the 1000Mbps but that he couldn't actually connect me up to it as he needed to access a communal locked cupboard on my floor for which, naturally, I didn't have the key for.  Virgin appears to run the high speed cable into buildings but at that point doesn't do any more than that when they ought to be liaising with the building owners regarding having the cables go live.

As a result I now don't want Virgin but they keep pestering me regarding sending out an engineer. As they haven't connected me I don't have an account and therefore Virgin simply won't / can't  assist me when I try to contact them via phone or text - no account = no help.

After many attempts I did eventually get through to a bloke (based abroad - obviously!) who said "No account = no help" however, to be fair, he then provided a number - 0800 0521734. On calling the number I appeared to have cracked it at that point as there was an option (number 2) to select cancelling an engineer.  I got put through only to have an automated voice tell me all about COVID and that Virgin were having issues with staff numbers. I was then unceremoniously cut off.  It's to be noted that Virgin don't appear to have staffing number issues when it comes to signing up for their 'service'...

I'm now left hoping that Virgin will eventually get tired of texting me and leave me alone. On the sunny side I'm glad I stayed with my current provider who I can actually get to speak to, in person, on the phone.

Latest discovery? Let's see what happens when you go to cancel an installation appointment...

Latest discovery? Let's see what happens when you go to cancel an installation appointment...