cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown external omnibox damaged

Jordanchrystian
Joining in

Hi,

My external omnibox has been damaged and the wires have been exposed and look frayed. Is it possible to get and engineer booked to fix the box and check the cables please?

Jordan

PXL_20211016_140245404.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
yes call it in as a fault and they will arrange a Tech visit to repair it.

A VM person willl respond on here but it can take a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, yeah I mentioned it in a call with them and they said to download the app and do it through there but there's no option.

I'll leave it a few days and call if I haven't heard anything on here. Thanks again

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yep CS are useless with these off-script queries. Surprised they didnt try and charge you £25 for a non fault call out.

A VM person will see the photo and arrange a fix when they get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jordanchrystian, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry that your wires are so exposed, I can get a tech booked for you to get this sorted. I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jordanchrystian,

Thank you for messaging with me, glad we could get an engineer booked in.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you want to reschedule or view your appointment time you can do so here, under the Help tab then "Orders and Appointments"

Zoie

Hi 

I have the same problem and found this thread. A grey omnibox outside my house is damaged and has wires exposed. Children play on the street and it looks like it could be quite dangerous.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Same advice . Post a photo to allow VM to assess the problem.  A VM Mod will pick this up and arrange a technician to sort this out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Roberthunter18,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear your omnibox is damaged and the wires exposed.

I will be more than happy to arrange for a technician to come out and get this repaired/replaced 🙂

I've not been able to locate your info on our system using your forum credentials so will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get this arranged.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs