cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown cable cover damaged dangerous!

shadowsuk
Tuning in

Hi all, 

I have an urgent issue with external cabling. I am currently a customer and the brown cable cover and the bit that enters the ground has failed. Wires exposed very dangerous. Can someone from virgin help please?

I wanted to mention this to get sorted before major damage like water damage happens with the cabling system to the flat and also to orevent damage to the cabling in ground. 

Thanks, 

Luke. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

A little update for you, very bizarre lol, the protective trunking is back on and the cable is all hidden and safe at the ground point too.... Very strange!

There was a workman about today servicing the flats (not virgin) so perhaps its fallen and broken and today its back better then it was! Perhaps another isp... Thats good news i was worried about kids pulling on it or weather damage and could of been a big issue.

So all fine, thanks for the help guys.

All the best,

Luke.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos on here so that when a VM person gets here in a day or two - they can assess the damage and sort something out for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there,

That's a good idea ill get a couple of photos sorted today.

Thanks!

Luke.

@jbrennand wrote:
Post up some photos on here so that when a VM person gets here in a day or two - they can assess the damage and sort something out for you.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Obviously you need to get this fixed, but unless the wires are a tripping hazard they are not dangerous.  There are no harmful voltages on them.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @shadowsuk,

Thank you for your posts and for bringing this to our attention.

If you can get those photos over to us as @jbrennand has suggested, we can see what the situation is in more detail and go from there in getting this sorted out ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi everyone,

A little update for you, very bizarre lol, the protective trunking is back on and the cable is all hidden and safe at the ground point too.... Very strange!

There was a workman about today servicing the flats (not virgin) so perhaps its fallen and broken and today its back better then it was! Perhaps another isp... Thats good news i was worried about kids pulling on it or weather damage and could of been a big issue.

So all fine, thanks for the help guys.

All the best,

Luke.

Thanks john, jpeg1 and zach.

Hi @shadowsuk,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that this has been addressed and now appears to be all sorted.

Please do let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!