cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box replacement

Shaneore
Joining in

Hi

would it be possible to have my brown box replaced. The cover has come off and the wires are exposed. We live by a main road with people walking past all the time.someone has taken the cover so we can’t put it back on

DEA5865C-EB86-4AB3-811F-9DDACC335FA1.jpeg60606C46-EEEE-4E28-8653-39C6AE04C588.jpeg

Thanks

Shane

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150 and they will arrange  technician's visit.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Shaneore
Joining in

Hi 

spoke to someone at virgin media who advised because I don’t have an account they can’t book a technician appointment and that I can proceed to remove the wires and remaining box myself.

seems contrary to other messages I have read through these forums

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Does the box serve (or did serve) your property exclusively or are other properties connected to it? Looks like most of the outgoing cables have already been removed leaving behind just the cable clips.

IMHO it would be best left in place in case ever needed in the future. Plenty of topics on here are about how difficult it is to get a VM cable (re)installed once a cable is removed or cut off.

If it is not connected to anything or in service, and you just want a cosmetic tidy up, then you could fit your own replacement box. Alternative variants are available on eBay, Amazon etc.

Common sense would say that VM should be able to organise a passing tech to fit a new one and preserve and protect VM's infrastructure.

Wait for the VM forum team to advise who should respond on here in a day or two.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Shaneore,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that the brown box is exposed like that.

Are you not currently with Virgin media for internet/Tv? 

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

thanks for getting back to me. No we are not existing customers of Virgin. I think that this is where the problem with repairing it lies. When I spoke to someone on the telephone they said that it would have to wait until an existing customer reported a fault. When I was trying to explain that this box related to an account that was before we moved to the property and that it was not currently in use, I’m afraid I didn’t really get anywhere. 

ultimately I would prefer it to be repaired in case we or anyone else wants to use Virgin in the future, but it can’t continue to look as it does now. 

thanks

Shane

Thank you for your response @Shaneore.

In this case, I have sent you a private message so I can get some details from you. I will look to pass this to the area field team to see if anything can be done. Please look out for a purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for the details @Shaneore,

I have forwarded your details to the Area field team. They will aim to get back to me in the next 3-5 working days with a resolution. As soon as I hear back, I will be in contact with you here.

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs