cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box query

markdraper66
Tuning in

We have two external brown boxes at the property. One out the front, and another at the rear.

The rear box has the cables coming from the roof and down the wall into the box, then into the lounge. 

We are having a single storey extension being built this year. Can the box be removed, and the wires buried into the wall when plastered, or is there a better way to manage the cables?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM charge a standard £25 fee for moving cables.  It might be better to get the cables tided up by the VM technician when doing the extension.  Some of the cables may be redundant and could be removed,  The technician will advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM charge a standard £25 fee for moving cables.  It might be better to get the cables tided up by the VM technician when doing the extension.  Some of the cables may be redundant and could be removed,  The technician will advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @markdraper66,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

@Adduxi, has answered your question and left me nothing to add 🙂

I can arrange for a technician visit to have this looked into, would you like me to do that for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi all,

Thank you for the answers.
I will need the technician to come over and remove some old redundant wires, and also talk about the junction box.

Can that be organised please @Steven_L 
Although, is this best to do this when the extension work is being done, or beforehand.

Many Thanks

Please join me on private message @markdraper66 so we can locate your account and investigate this for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope . 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley