Menu
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown box on house

What worries me is that they’ve said for the last 2 days that they will come out and do the work. It’s not been done. So they are clearly just making it up. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdean23,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are worried your install isn't going ahead, have you spoken to customer care to make sure the date hasn't changed.

If the date is still the same I am confident there should't be any issues, if you dont see this done a couple of days before the install date, I would advise calling our team for an update.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. 

Heres what my status currently says...

7FC89DAE-71DB-4C81-A549-6DD244FC2B41.jpeg

Yesterday the service request date said 27th. I’m working nightshift so I noticed around midnight it just updated itself to 28th August. I’m thinking around the same time tonight it’ll just update to 28th August. 

I just find it frustrating that I can’t get a straight answer. I understand work needs to be done but it’s pretty poor when I speak to the customer service team they assure me that it’ll 100% be done today... and it hasn’t been

B64ED1A9-B622-4C19-9EE7-F022F2A5F27E.png

I just don’t want the Virgin Media engineers to turn up next Thursday and find they’ve got no cable to install it for us. I’ve read on here how that’s happened to people and then they’ve gone to the back of the queue again having to wait for a free slot for an engineer again. 

I’d really love this to be escalated to someone who can make sure the cables are sorted before next Thursday. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

We will always aim to complete all installations as efficiently as we can.

In some cases this can be delayed by external issues.

We always do all we can beforehand to ensure that work goes ahead smoothly. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Yep, just like I thought... it now says tomorrow date for my service request. So that’s the last 3 days they’ve told me it’s due. 

Also said that they’ve sent me an email with the updated details. I have no email from them A2BF6F4F-59E9-4117-AA7E-ECE7DEE4F53B.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delays again with this.

How are things looking today? Is it still showing today's date?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa, yes it’s still showing today’s date. But still nobody has been around the house. Thanks for getting in touch though. Still waiting

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Okay, please keep us updated as to whether anything happens today.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
jdean23
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Was told again it’s 100% happening today. Nothings happened. 

Called them up, she told me it was due today. When I explained this has been said to me for the past 3 days she changed her story saying the cables are due to be pulled on the the 5th, same day as the installation. 

I asked what was supposed to be happening today then and she said it got messed up. She said she’d speak to the construction team tomorrow and call me back. From what I’ve read on here, they never call back. 

I said I’ve read about how the engineer turns up, has no cables to work with and they leave unable to do the work. She said the engineer would be out between 8am and 1pm but the cables could be pulled between 8am and 6pm.. 

Honestly can’t see this happening on the same day. I’ve been lied to for the past week and half, stories keep changing all the time. 

I don’t want the engineer to turn up, unable to do the work and then I end up waiting another 3 or 4 weeks for a new appointment. 

Very frustrating  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

We can appreciate that this is frustrating and having to wait for updates isn't a great experience.

Our installation teams always aim to be as efficient as possible and we always try and manage expectations accordingly.

We understand that installations are very important to our customers and we plan as far as we can ahead to make the process as smooth as possible and with minimum disruption and inconvenience. 

We do appreciate your continued patience as we work towards connecting you to our exciting range of services. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos