cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box installed without permission

JaMe1
Joining in

I have just returned from a one week holiday to find a Virgin brown box installed on the front of my house without permission. The cable runs along a joint fence and disappears in the pavement in  front of my drive. I am furious. I neither requested this nor had any prior information that this was about to happen! I own my house and to have it defaced like this is unacceptable. The pavement is also damaged. My green bin was moved and left on the middle of my drive. How dare Virgin come onto my property and cause damage. I want this rectified as soon as possible and an explanation given to me of why this has happened. I only signed into this forum to get an answer. I'd like one sent to my email if possible and information of how and when you intend to rectify your mistake. If I was ever thinking of changing to Virgin Media, this has definitely made me decide to never do so!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

lets set your expectations - what likely to happen when VM get to the thread is apologies - procastinations and little else

they will probably ask pointless questions about - have you ordered VM ignoring your statement in the last line of your post - offer to investigate and refer to one of their area field managers who will likely do nothing

they dont do email so the best you will get is a reply here and a PM asking for details which will [likely] start the back and forth for little to happen

all that will likely start in a few days when staff get to the thread 

so expect to be messed about - from there assuming thats what happens then its your call - remove the box and any cable - thats perfectly safe and put it all in the skip - the pavement is council owed i assume so contact them and hopefully they can sort it and bill VM

thats the expectations - on the other hand [rare] VM might just get their act together and sort it but dont hold your breath

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

lets set your expectations - what likely to happen when VM get to the thread is apologies - procastinations and little else

they will probably ask pointless questions about - have you ordered VM ignoring your statement in the last line of your post - offer to investigate and refer to one of their area field managers who will likely do nothing

they dont do email so the best you will get is a reply here and a PM asking for details which will [likely] start the back and forth for little to happen

all that will likely start in a few days when staff get to the thread 

so expect to be messed about - from there assuming thats what happens then its your call - remove the box and any cable - thats perfectly safe and put it all in the skip - the pavement is council owed i assume so contact them and hopefully they can sort it and bill VM

thats the expectations - on the other hand [rare] VM might just get their act together and sort it but dont hold your breath

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you for the advice. I will give them a little time to address all my complaints, then I will be looking to Ofcom    and legal advice. Thank you on the advice about removing myself. I was concerned about any live cables. Hopefully it won't come to that. I certainly won't be just 'letting sleeping dogs lie'. I want corrective action and I think 14 days is long enough to wait.

Hey @JaMe1,

Welcome to the Community Forums ad thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you  have been having this issue, in order for me to look into this for you I will need to confirm a few details with you in a quick private message, if you have not used our private message feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen. 

Speak to you soon. Joe