cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box cover missing

Harrybamotra
Joining in

I have just been on the phone to virgin in regards to my brown outside box cover gone missing. Only to be told it will cost £99 to replace this. I’m sure it shouldn’t cost anything to put a plastic cover back on? Is there any chance I can get some help into how to get this replaced?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its "faulty" it should be replaced for free. If it isnt the connection could get waterlogged and corrosion could set in and take down multiple customers that will cost VM far more to correct.

Post up a photo of the damaged box here

Call in again and see if you get a CS agent who has had better training. If not - wait here for `a day or two when a more clued in VM person will reply and get it sorted for you - as per......

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Outside-box-cover-is-missing/td-p/4783760

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its "faulty" it should be replaced for free. If it isnt the connection could get waterlogged and corrosion could set in and take down multiple customers that will cost VM far more to correct.

Post up a photo of the damaged box here

Call in again and see if you get a CS agent who has had better training. If not - wait here for `a day or two when a more clued in VM person will reply and get it sorted for you - as per......

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Outside-box-cover-is-missing/td-p/4783760

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Harrybamotra, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear that you've had some trouble getting an engineer out to resolve this for you free of charge. 

As mentioned by jbrennand, we will be able to get this sorted for you.

We will need to confirm some information with you to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account though. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Harrybamotra,

Thanks for coming back to via private message with your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there,

Further to reading some of the comments, can you tell me how I should go about requesting an external box cover? I have a feeling with the strong winds we have had the cover has been blown off. 

This is leaving the connections inside open to the elements.

I am a virgin media customer

Thanks in advance

Derek

Hello derekl1

This is something I can arrange for you from here 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L