cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown Box Cover Missing

fuman
Tuning in

Recently moved into a new property and noticed that the brown box cover that holds the Virgin landline/internet cable from the outside of the building through the brick into our router, is completely missing.

Was wondering how I would go about getting this sorted? As it seems really exposed to the elements or easy for someone to just snip, compared to our neighbours and surrounding properties where their brown box covers are intact and attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fuman, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fuman, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your omni box cover is no longer secured. 

We will be able to arrange a visit for an engineer to replace this. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fuman, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hello Kath, thank you for sorting that out for me so quickly!

I'll assume it is the one booked in for the 28th March to do with with "TV Services".

Again thank you for your help 🙂

We are glad to see that Kath was able to quickly help you with this.

For confidentiality reasons, we will be unable to confirm your appointment date and time publically however you should be able to see it listed in your "My appointments and orders" Tab. If you want us to verify this, we can send you a private message with all the relevant information if you wish 🙂 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi I have the same issue, only realised when I switched over to virgin that the cover is missing. Could I get a replacement please. 

Hey Chissy8, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community i am going to send you a PM now.

Please look out for my PM in your inbox. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Glad we have managed to get you a tech booked to get this fixed, I hope you have a lovely rest of the day. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

My brown box cover is missing having recently moved into property, how do I have this rectified please 

Hi there @Graham-Dodson 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that your omnibox cover is missing, I'd be more than happy to arrange an engineer to take a look. I will pop you a PM across now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.