cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken wall socket?

g1990mr
Joining in

Hi, I've just received my router but I'm having trouble connecting it at the existing wall socket (we've just moved into a new house which already had Virgin).

Is the socket broken? I can't see another photo like this one from searching. Is it possible that part of the cable from the previous user has broken off at the end and become stuck?

IMG_20220318_164322302.jpg

Thanks for your help!

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

just pull the wire out of the centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

just pull the wire out of the centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like the pin has come out from an old termination cap.    As @-tony-  said, just get a pair of pliers and gently remove the pin from the socket.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TTIAP
On our wavelength
yeah you'll need to do it yourself, this company is dogwater at manual labor, but if you need to upgrade your services, they'll come crawling like a pack of wild animals to get thier commission

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi g1990mr, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue connecting your equipment. If you've not been able to get the little pin like wire out and still need assistance then we can convert this to a manned install for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, the issue is now solved – I was able to just pull the wire out!

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @g1990mr,

Thank you for coming back to us and for updating the thread! I'm glad to hear that you have been able to resolve this issue and connect your services okay! 🙂

If you need any further help or support, please reach back out to us, we'll be happy to help.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs