Menu
louislafayette
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broken hub

Hi

my son has knocked my router of the shelf and broken it can anyone tell me how I go about getting a new one as when I call up it gets me no where 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken hub

You need to ring customer services and say you don't have a connection, and they'll send an engineer who will diagnose the router as broken and replace it. 

It's difficult to get customer services to send a new router by themselves - although you can normally do it with repeated phone calls. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quickest way is to Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone). Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time to get through quickly - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took 20’ for me recently on a midweek afternoon - you just need to be patient - put the phone on "speaker-phone" on the chair arm and cuppa in hand and settle down.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi louislafayette, thanks for our post - apologies for the delay getting back to you here.

I've taken a look into this today using your forum details and it appears things have since been resolved. If there's anything else we may be able to assist with though please let us know.

Tom 

0 Kudos