cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken cable repair

User123456
Tuning in

We have a broken TV/broadband cable from the house to the street. Would you know how long these sorts of repairs would take?

Have reported it but not heard back. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
hi
I sent you a private message

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

uwais_y
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi,
have you reported this if yes have they given you a date

thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
hi
I sent you a private message

All sorted, very quick service and many thanks.

BillS1
Tuning in

We are having a new drive laid and the builders accidentally cut through our cable and next doors, which were buried a few centimetres under the concrete. We are both Virgin customers. We have an appointment booked for Thursday 7/5 but when our neighbour phoned to register the problem, he was given a date for Saturday 9/5. 

My wife and I are in the vulnerable category so rely heavily on your services. It does not seem cost effective for 2 engineers to come when the cables are exposed and next to each other. We've been told by a family member (who is a fibre optic installer) that it should be easy to lay new cables from the CATV box which is located at top of our short drive on the pavement.

Please can you help?

Hi BillS1,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the recent accident and the situation you have been left with.

We appreciate that you would be happy for the technician attending you on the 7th could fix both yours and your neighbours line as well.

I am going to pop you over a private message to see if there is anything we can do to get this issues fixed for both you and your neighbour on the same day.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

Thanks for the reply William,

Please may I ask you a huge favour and could you remove your personal details from the post you have sent me?

Its only to protect your details as this is a public space. I did send you a private message to respond to, you would have received this with a little purple box to click on and enter your details. Did you get this?

Kind regards Jodi.

Hi Jodi. I have just removed all of the details from that post and did send you I think the private message but I'm trying this one.

I couldn't see the purple envelope. 

Ive gone through the virgin media cable outside my house. How do i get this repaired and how long does it take