cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Brown Box

nixorbe
Settling in

Hello,

We have just bought a new house but discovered that the external brown box is damaged. We plan to sign up for a Virgin Media package for Broadband but realise that there may be damage to the box that prevents us from doing self/quick-install. If we pay the additional 30 pounds for an engineer installation, will this include the fix for the external brown box? We'd like to get it set up as soon as possible so hopefully can receive a reply soonish so we can process our application. . BrownBox.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes.. if you go for the Tech install they will fix any damage at install.

Or you could take a punt at self-install. It looks ok to me except the cover is missing (storm loss?). If it all works then you can then just get them to replace the cover for free.

But if there is any issue then you will need the Tech to install (should be free as there is a fault) - but obviously with a delay of a few day.

Your call I guess 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nixorbe, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

As @jbrennand has mentioned, the fact that the cover is loose doesn't necessarily mean that your services won't be working if you choose a Quickstart install, but yes that could also be the opposite and you obviously wouldn't want to get your self-install kit, and things to not work on the day!

We of course would be able to send somebody out to the property later on (if you choose the self-install) and get things fixed, but obviously you would have to prepare yourself for a few more days without the services.

On the opposite side of things, if you choose the engineer install then of course we'd get the cover fixed for you on the day too, and ensure everything's working for you.

I do hope this helps make your mind up, and thanks for taking your time to post here in the community - let me know if you've got any further questions!

Many thanks

Tom_W