cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brodband issue - registration failed

Rodders11
Joining in

Good morning, 

Yesterday my internet decided to go down. I had a white pulsing light on my Hub4 virgin router and all devices in the house lost connection. I have run a diagnostics on my router from my home PC and have WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz working, internet registration failure, telephony disconnected. 

When I run a router check I have no broadband connection, I have ethernet connection and no WiFi connection. 

I have reset my Hub via the button twice, I have turned it on and off numerous time, checked and removed all connections via the hub. I have tethered my phone via usb to my PC to check no issues on that side and working fine. 

I am showing the router as available on my WiFi devices but it has an exclamation mark and says internet not available. 

No WiFi or ethernet working. 

Thanks for any help. 

20230205_191812.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Not aware of any neighbours doing any work. Put cable comes through the front and would not be disturbed by a neighbour. 

The hub is on, all lights working, it shows as a network when I search via WiFi, I connect to it and it says no internet available. The hub 4 then pulses white for a while and will go back to solid white but no internet access via ethernet or WiFi. 

I have booked for an engineer to attend tomorrow morning, but I have been without a connection since Sunday afternoon. I have had to postpone all my work invoicing and quotes as I have no access to my online estimate application via my phone, my partner has also had to miss various work training sessions that will have to be redone in holiday time as meetings were all via zoom etc. 

Not a very good service. 

Hi @Rodders11 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your hub.

How did the engineer visit go? Please do provide us with an update on this and we can investigate further if needs be

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Engineer visited. 

Hub had failed, no details as to why. Hub was replaced and working fine now. 

Hopefully I'll be compensated for my 4 days of lost internet connection and time that we have lost from not being able to work but I highly doubt it with the service we have received. 

Hi Rodders11,

Thanks so much for the update, we're pleased to hear your issue was resolved with a hub swap.

We do have an automatic compensation scheme in place, so once the issue was reported to our team, your downtime would be logged. If you suffer a total loss of service for over 48 hours, you will be entitled to compensation. You can find out more here.

Let us know if you need anything else 🙂

Beth