cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brodband issue - registration failed

Rodders11
Joining in

Good morning, 

Yesterday my internet decided to go down. I had a white pulsing light on my Hub4 virgin router and all devices in the house lost connection. I have run a diagnostics on my router from my home PC and have WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz working, internet registration failure, telephony disconnected. 

When I run a router check I have no broadband connection, I have ethernet connection and no WiFi connection. 

I have reset my Hub via the button twice, I have turned it on and off numerous time, checked and removed all connections via the hub. I have tethered my phone via usb to my PC to check no issues on that side and working fine. 

I am showing the router as available on my WiFi devices but it has an exclamation mark and says internet not available. 

No WiFi or ethernet working. 

Thanks for any help. 

20230205_191812.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Legend

Looking at the Router status page does it look like the HUB is seeing the network service ?

Check for a local fault : 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service.

I have rang and no local issues, spoke to customer services and no issues with connection apparently. 4 day wait for a technician to come and have a look. 

Customer Service are often the last to know.

Monitor over the next few days for a local fault via : 0800 561 0061
If a local fault surfaces the engineer calls will be cancelled & the fault that affects everyone fixed first.

It is always interesting to ask if the folks next door have still got an VM internet service.

Yeah I'll ask about and see if anyone else has the same issues. 

Is it worth trying another router just incase this one has failed? 

Please be cruel and heartless ... go and remove the Helpful Answer mark on my earlier post.

Your service is not fixed yet. 

A post marked with a Helpful Answer ( green tick ) gets little if any further interest from a Virgin Media moderator.

Done 👍 I didn't realise they overlooked any helpful answers so all removed! 

What do you think to the other router option? 

Do you have a new Hub from VM that should be now replacing the Hub that is not registering ?

Not that I'm aware of. This hub is only around a year old, I've had nothing to say that I'm sure a hub. 

Hi Rodders11, 

Thanks for posting this issue with your broadband (or lack of) on our forums, I am sorry this has happened!

Have you or any neighbours done any gardening work around the garden, that might have cut a cable or anything else like that? 

Does the Hub still switch on with any lights showing or is it completely off?

Have you spoken with our faults team about an engineer visit yet? 

Thanks,

Megan_L