Menu
Tracy04
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

I am a new customer but can't get any help from customer services so need answers to some questions.  Will the broadband be up and running on the installation date 

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

It should be up and running within a couple of hours of the router getting connected. As for the installation date these seem to be getting delayed a lot at the moment. Do you already have a connection in the property ?
0 Kudos
Tracy04
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have an installation date for next week. I was previously with sky and am now wishing I stayed with them as I cant get in touch with virgin 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The Pre-installation and delivery team are on 0800 052 1734

Calling any VM number is best done at 08.00 to get through quicker.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do you have an issue with the installation date? Have you been informed otherwise?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tracy04
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No I don't have an issue about the installation date. I just wanted a few questions answered like can I have my tv and phone line anywhere I want and will I need a booster as there is a room in my house that doesn't get a good signal. Just general questions 

0 Kudos
Tracy04
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but its not really regarding installation etc. I just wanted some general questions answered and can't get to speak to anyone yet they answered me quick enough when I was inquiring about joining them.  Just frustrating 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We will give you better advice 🙂

Locating where your Hub & TV are located is worth some "deep thought" before installation. In short they will install two separate points if that's what you want (within reason - height restrictions, cable access etc). These are usually linked via a splitter and so requires them being connected by cable either running outside of the house or internally where they will just tack it to skirting boards - which you may not want!

Wherever the Hub is situated is where the phone needs connecting - to the Hub via an adpater they will supply. Also if you are reliant on the Hub for wifi, where it is will determine how good your wifi signal in the house is. And all ethernet connections will originate from there

Also the TV box (which one are you getting?) will need to be near to the TV for the HDMI connection. Also the VM box needs connecting to the Hub - doing that by ethernet cable is always best althouugh they will connect on wifi (my 2 do) but that will only be as good as your wifi.

Post up what you are planning/would like and we can comment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tracy04
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its virgin tv 360 box with virgin media hub 3. Ok I think I get all that. Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Tracy04
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated

Can someone please tell me how I can get to speak to someone from virgin.  For the past 3 days I have been trying day and night via telephone calling live chat texts the lot and not one bit of help do I get. Im on hold for hours on end and I'm losing the will to live. Im a new customer and haven't even had my installation yet so if this is how hard its going to be they can forget it

0 Kudos