cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband wall socket

KrystynaG
Joining in

I am new costumer and I have received my virgin media hub. After opening a box I find a cable that need to be plug into wall socket for broadband which has round end. Unfortunately I have at home wall socket (currently plug in with old broadband provider) with different entry, looks like the one that it's on ethernet cable. Do I need any adapter for cable or different cable?

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post some photos

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

InCollage_20220429_102552707-min.jpg

I couldn't find any box outside my flat. That are all wall sockets at my place. First one is the one that my old broadband is connected. Second and third is same socket, but cable looks open, no end on it. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

ok - top left is telephone - probably openreach if you had internet rom it - top right - generic aerial connection - bottom left again aerial cable

bottom right looks like earlier cable network - the larger of the 2 boxes is what we need to look at - one or 2 screw connectors protruding from the bottom - might have a screw cap on it - remove that if there is and connect cable that came from VM and see what you get - if it has 2 connectors one should work - so connect and ring activation line - 0800 953 9500

Tony.
Sacked VIP

20220429_211438-min.jpg

On big box says "CableTel" and after unscrewing it, it's empty inside.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cable has been cut by the look of it call 0800 052 1734 to get a technician’s visit

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you both for answers, I will make a call for technical support.

Hi @KrystynaG,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have had issues with your self install. We can understand this is not ideal. 

I have been unable to find your service on our system. Just to confirm, have you been able to reach our team regarding this? Have you got an appointment booked for this? Do you need any further help?

Please get back in contact with us and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs