cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband start date and connection

Garyfellows80
Joining in

Hi was just wondering the time my broadband arrives tommorrow and is it a case of me setting it up. As the previous house owner used virgin broadband?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@Garyfellows80 wrote:

Hi was just wondering the time my broadband arrives tommorrow and is it a case of me setting it up. As the previous house owner used virgin broadband?

If the previous occupants used VM then that would suggest that all of the cabling is in place and fully working - do you know where the wall socket is, sometimes there isn’t a socket and just a fly lead coming through a hole in the wall?

If that is the case, then yes you should be able to just connect up and all will be good. I say should because sometimes oddball stuff happens and the Hub may or may not be already activated on your account, should be but then again! There should be instructions in the box regarding calling VM up and getting the hub activated if it isn’t already.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

jem101
Superstar

@Garyfellows80 wrote:

If the previous occupants used VM then that would suggest that all of the cabling is in place and fully working - do you know where the wall socket is, sometimes there isn’t a socket and just a fly lead coming through a hole in the wall?

If that is the case, then yes you should be able to just connect up and all will be good. I say should because sometimes oddball stuff happens and the Hub may or may not be already activated on your account, should be but then again! There should be instructions in the box regarding calling VM up and getting the hub activated if it isn’t already.