cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband services in Haywards Heath - West Sussex (RH16)

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

Hey all.

Virgin laid down the fibre optics on my road in March of this year, and we got some info through the door about it at a later date. I signed up to be notified and in August I got an email from Virgin saying, "Virgin Media is nearly ready! In a few weeks time, you'll be able to get your hands on lightning fast broadband and amazing TV."

12 weeks later, there's still no availability. The website simply says we are coming to your area, sign up to be notified when it's ready.

Does anyone know how much longer I'll be waiting?

50 REPLIES 50

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there, I can certainly help you with this, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Thanks Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

What was the outcome of this?

Desmond626
Joining in

Hello,

Virgin laid down the fibre optics on my road in March of this year, and we got some info through the door about it at a later date. I signed up to be notified and in August I got an email from Virgin saying, "Virgin Media is nearly ready! In a few weeks time, you'll be able to get your hands on lightning fast broadband and amazing TV."

12 weeks later, there's still no availability. The website simply says we are coming to your area, sign up to be notified when it's ready.

Does anyone know how much longer I'll be waiting?

March 2022 unfortunately

Don't hold your breath, we was told by our liason officer that work is expected to be completed in HH end of Q1, they started work around America Lane area last year, then October 2021 all the workforce just disappeared, with none of them being seen since.  Broadband in HH is severely lagging elsewhere, even friends of mine who live in Rural countryside in Ireland have 500mbit, which is 10x what I can get in Northlands Wood!!!!

Hi STAstro, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with getting information regarding work that started. I can certainly check in with our teams to see where we are at with it for you. To do this I will need to confirm some information though. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi STAstro, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have forwarded the address and details of your post over to our lightning teams now to see if there are any plans and what is what. 

Once I get a reply from the team I will let you know, good or bad. Just to set expectations it may take a few days depending on how busy they are 🙂

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

@Kath_F 

It would be great if someone could give the outcome in this thread as I am still waiting to sign up as are many others and this thread is the first result when people Google "Virgin media Haywards Heath". 

Virgin website still states "Good news, our services are nearly in your area" as it has done for the past 8+ months. I feel like the definition of the word "nearly" is being stretched to it's limit here. A realistic time frame is all that people want. If it's going to take another 6 months or a year, fair enough, but I've been told June (2021), then August (2021), then March, then Febuary, and most recently, April. Not holding my breath on April at this point.

Cabling was laid almost a year ago near me (Penn Crescent). I have not continued my contract with talktalk in the hope of the Virgin rollout. When I check for updates I no longer get our services are nearly available message but our services are not available, and sign up here. Frustrated not knowing when the rollout will be here.