cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband router - box contents?

tony7bear
On our wavelength

We previously had a broadband service with Virgin but when we ended the contract I returned the cable that connected the router to the wall-box along with the router as it was no longer needed.

I've placed a new order for broadband only and the router is due to be delivered on Tuesday so I'm trying to find out if a cable will be supplied with the router as I will clearly need one in order to connect to the service, can anyone tell me what is supplied with the router please?

Tony
--------------------------------------
New stuff in, old stuff out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes. You should be provided with a cable. The only difference is it will have a push-fit connector. This pushes over the thread on the old wall outlet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes. You should be provided with a cable. The only difference is it will have a push-fit connector. This pushes over the thread on the old wall outlet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tony7bear 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

Have you received your router today and has the installation of the broadband service all gone okay?

Thank you for your support @nodrogd 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The router arrived this afternoon and I have had it connected it to your network for about 30 minutes, I'm just waiting for the service to be activated now. 

Tony
--------------------------------------
New stuff in, old stuff out.

Hi tony7bear, thanks for the message and I am glad to hear that the router has arrived. Has everything now been set up and how is the service at the moment? - Chris.