Menu
TonyMontanya
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband only

Hello, I am thinking about getting Virgin Media broadband only. Currently I use talktalk which the rest of my family use downstairs, and it's terrible with low speeds and because of wifi it's even worse. 

I wanted to get broadband only virgin media upstairs that only I can use, is this possible? is there any restrictions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband only

Yes you certainly can.

Virgin use their own network with the service is delivered via a coaxial cable & not your BT phone line, so you can run both services at the same time.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
TonyMontanya
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks just to clarify, I want it placed in my bedroom upstairs. All there is plugs nothing else, it will still be okay? No wires being run through walls etc? sorry if I sound stupid but no idea about this stuff.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

they run a cable from the street cab via underground ducting to the front of the house - in the garden it would likely have to be buried - if thats not possible they would clip it to a wall or fence - at the front of the house is a junction box - the feed cable goes to that - from there they would run an external cable up the wall and then drill through the external wall of the room you wanted it in - a bit more complicated if the room is not at the front of the house - they would cable externally to a rear bedroom

internally there would be a junction box that the modem connects to

Tony
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You will need to set a passwords on the hub and wi-fi that you only know to keep it exclusive for your use.

I've just left the Open Reach network and my VM 50 Mps service gives me 55 Mps its like magic compared with what BT promised and failed to give.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos