cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband only - No wall port

Hsdb
Joining in

Hello,

Moving into my new property I got sent the the kit cable with the galvanic isolator to connect my modem to the broadband port. However I do not have a wall port where I can connect it, I only have a cable running into the property and both connectors are make.

497FA764-47E4-43B9-9B54-E9B3DAA0E7AD.jpeg

Please can somebody advise if I need an engineer booked and in case help me book it?

Thanks

Piermaria

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a Female to Female F connector, B&Q and Amazon have them. VM do not supply them. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks I’ll see if I can find it.

I would have imagined a better solution really rather than a flying cable and a trip to B&Q from VM.

I can’t understand why this was not done properly when installed.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hsdb wrote:

Thanks I’ll see if I can find it.  I would have imagined a better solution really rather than a flying cable and a trip to B&Q from VM.

I can’t understand why this was not done properly when installed.

This coupler Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q

The isolator may be at the other end of the existing VM cable, in which case the cable can be screwed directly onto Hub.  Some properties do not have wall sockets for this reason.  This is how my cable is setup with the isolator.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Hsdb, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there has been an issue with getting your installation sorted. 

If you have still been unable to get things working, pop back and let us know so we can move the quickstart installation to a manned installation instead. 

Let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs