Menu
Metcalfen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not available ls22

We have had no broadband service since Thursday 11th July am. Is anyone else also affected. !

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not available ls22

As well as trying the “Check Service Status” weblink, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.

What did they say when you called in to report the issue ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Metcalfen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to the technical team but they said engineers were working on the problem. I said that next door had virgin media internet and their service was fine. The call handler could not explain why they had service and yet we had none. When I asked where the engineer was working on the problem the call handler could not assist. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you ask for a fault reference number ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
eddiew
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

LS18 has major broadband issues too. Intermittent disconnects pretty much on the hour every hour, lasting 5-60 minutes.

For the first time in weeks, I managed to get a human on the phone last week. Booked an engineer. VM then decided it was an area fault and cancelled the engineer without telling me, so I had a day off work for nothing. Nice.

Be good to know when this area fault will ACTUALLY be fixed, because it's been going on since May and I'm on the brink of switching to BT. Utterly unacceptable service quality. No idea what's gone so wrong, been with VM for 10+ years and this is the first time they've been so shockingly poor.

0 Kudos