Menu
buts13
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps cutting out

Hi,

For the last 2 days I have had problems with my WiFi cutting out. 

It seems to keep reseting and then on my hub 3.0, the lights continue to be green and flashing. Is this a problem in the area or is this a problem with my WiFi? 

I have also checked the status section on my virgin media app and that doesn’t help at all. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Joshoconnor98
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps cutting out

I've been experiencing problems for the past few hours and have the same problem as you, I can connect to the wifi itself but the router has no internet connection meaning its a problem at Virgins end, on the service update thing it says it should be fixed by 00:15 22nd October... i dont know if thats for everybody or just my internet alone. We are students at university who pay a lot of money for this wifi and need it to study properly and are already thinking about a change of internet because of the inconveniences... sorry im no help to you, i just know its nice to know somebody saw your complaint.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi buts13,

Sorry to hear of the connection problems, the flashing green lights suggest the Hub has lost sync with the network and internet will be down, possibly due to local maintenance or an area fault.....touch wood you're back online now, however if problems persist please drop us a quick update and we'll gladly assist further.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
buts13
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It has reconnected to the internet and wireless is now working. However the speed has dropped massively, so much that it takes nearly 10 minutes to load a webpage. 

It also says that our wireless password is incorrect when it is entered. Myself or my housemate haven't reset the password for the default and so are baffled to why it is now suddenly incorrect. 

Is this problem going to be rectified as it has now been 2 weeks!!

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi buts13

I'm unable to locate you from your last forum log in so I’ve sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional information.

Are you connected wired or wireless? If you are still getting authentication issues can you try forgetting the wireless network then reconnecting to it. 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules