cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues in Bournemouth BH8 area

GeoMar
Tuning in

Can someone please tell me exactly what is going in Bournemouth BH8 with Virginmedia Broadband?  Had the poorest of service for the past 2 weeks.  And the information given to me by Customer Service and Complaints team makes no sense whatsoever.  They keep telling me that I have a loose connection on my hub .....not sure how that will affect everyone in my road who is with Virgin ?  Trying to earn a living as I am forced to work from home.

16 REPLIES 16

Zak

thanks. It is looking good now, but in all honesty I did not experience this issue at night time - it seemed to be holding up.  The real issue seems to hit at about 9 am through 6pm.    I I’ll keep an eye on it tomorrow and hopefully it will be good in this weekend when I have to conduct major datacentre upgrades from home. Fingers crossed  …

Hi Zak

I have done a pin reset.  Speed and stability looking good so far (393 mbps upload and 37 mbps download).  This seems to be back to normal now, but I am not holding my breath for obvious reasons 🙂

I will respond again this afternoon to let you know the current status of the service.

Appreciate your help.

G

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GeoMar,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue.

I'm glad to hear that your connection is doing well! Please keep us updated on how you get on.

I was able to check your account and I cannot see the SNR outage anymore, meaning that this has been resolved! 

Please monitor your connection over the next 24hrs and let us know how you're getting on. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Once again my broadband is flaky to say the least.  I had 2 hours of unreliable, intermittent and slow service yesterday and today I lost my connection totally.  Spoke to someone at Virgin who told me that 1) there was an outage this morning and 2) they are doing upgrade work.  Why does virgin not let people in the area where they are doing work know in ADVANCE of upcoming engineering / upgrade work?  I could have made plans to go into the office today if I knew that I will once again have an appalling internet connection .....

Oh - and the usual happened again when I spoke to a person who said they will transfer my call to another department ..... as predicted (and stated on the call) I expect the line to go dead once the call is transferred.  Lo and behold - I was right.

I have recently (about 3 months ago) renewed my contract with Virgin - I have been with them for nearly 9 years now.  I have to confess that I have ALWAYS had a reliable service until I renewed my contract - it has gone from really good and fast to really bad, unreliable, intermittent and incredibly bad customers service.  How do I get someone to talk to me about terminating my contract to move ISPs ?

Hi it may be useful to make a note of the service status no 0800 561 0061 which is usually accurate to postcode level, or check the top right corner of this page and click on service status check. Regards Micky

Hi GeoMar

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Apologies about the broadband issues. This is an issue with the downstream levels being out of spec.

Needs a tech visit to sort so I'll drop you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Mark you know very well that there is an ongoing outage.  Why not simply say that.