cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues in Bournemouth BH8 area

GeoMar
Tuning in

Can someone please tell me exactly what is going in Bournemouth BH8 with Virginmedia Broadband?  Had the poorest of service for the past 2 weeks.  And the information given to me by Customer Service and Complaints team makes no sense whatsoever.  They keep telling me that I have a loose connection on my hub .....not sure how that will affect everyone in my road who is with Virgin ?  Trying to earn a living as I am forced to work from home.

16 REPLIES 16

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you have a loose connection anywhere from your property to the local box or inside of your property this can cause noise to be injected into the whole local network which can affect the whole of the street and beyond.

I would recommend to go around and make sure that all coaxial connections to all the Virginmedia equipment are finger tight, best way to do this is too loosen the connector and then re-tighten it.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Mike

Thanks for your response.  But I noticed the lack of information about the ongoing broadband issue in my area which apparently has been identified as being a server error and it should be fixed by 6pm tonight ?

I have checked my connections 2 weeks ago when I reported the issue.  Surely a loose connection would affect UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD speed and not just UPLOAD ?

At my wits end to be honest as this is going around in circles.

@Mike

Apologies - I know you are trying to help and you do not work for Virgin - I only noticed that after I sent me previous response.

Let's see if Virgin responds this time.

Appreciate your input Mike.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team somebody will be along to have a look for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mike

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @GeoMar 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking your time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband.

I have just taken a look over your account and the area outage is an SNR issue, it is due to be resolved at 18:00, however it is notorious for SNR issues to be pushed back. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak

Thanks for your response.  It does not sound good to be fair as this issue is now entering its 3rd week.  Looks like I will have to start shopping around.

Regards

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I completely understand the frustration this has caused,  I will pop back here a little later and see how things are looking. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @GeoMar

I have taken a further look over the account,  it has been updated that the fault seems to have been resolved (I am not convinced of that however) Could you pinhole reset the hub and let me know if there are any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Zak_ M