Menu
Stunews76
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issue Sheffield

Broadband and TV on Demand issues since Thursday 25th around 08:00.

called 150 customer services and they said no known issue in my area, and arranged engineer appointment for between 12 and 4 for Friday 26th. This was confirmed by text message.

noticed that in the my virgin media service (when logged in) this morning (Friday 26th July) no engineer appointment showing!?? And still showing as no known issues in my area. During all this time broadband and internet reliant TV services unavailable.

so got back on the phone to customer services. The automated phone message says “we are aware of a known issue in your area and an engineer is trying to fix but this is a very complex issue”. Waiting to speak to someone who then tells me there IS a known issue in my area. My virgin media online stills shows no issue in my area!!!??????

oh and they admit they cancelled my engineer appointment as they know it’s an area issue, not specific to my home!

no idea what’s going on here. There is an obvious issue in my area but confusing info showing when I log into my virgin media online or the app.

no update yet about how long they expect it to take to fix the issue, this is a major disappointment having been with virgin media over 15 years.

anyone else within the forums experienced similar problems???

Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issue Sheffield

1) When a fault is identified in an area all technician’s visits are cancelled. Unfortunately VM are very bad at conveying this to customers. If the fault persists after they say the local issue is rectified you need to call in again.

2) The web site does not display local issues where perhaps a 100 or so customers on a couple of street boxes are affected. It will only show issues when 1000’s of users are affected.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Bugsydeniro
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issue Sheffield

Hi mate. Yes I am having EXACTLY same problem as yourself with engineer cancelled and we are aware of problem and virgin app saying no known problems!

Absolute joke and IV only been with virgin a month **bleep**!

0 Kudos